duminică, 17 august 2008

Farewell, you beauty!

Why do people still believe that there's a word for everything? There isn't. It's better this way. When you see a beautiful landscape in the middle of the sea, you say: Oh, it's gorgeous. But what is to be done when you see beauty in front of you, opening like a lily? You say nothin'...too scared to be the one who breaks the spell. A few seconds later, you say common words, too polite maybe, stupid and beautiful at the same time like: It's nice! I did this, I said: it's nice..we both did...me and my friend, J.


The sea was generous, impatient and accurate. So, I couldn't find a reason to answer the cellphone ringing in my tourist bag. Nobody could have told me what I wanted to hear, what I was watchin' in front of me. So, I just enjoyed the exceptional way of keepin' my mouth shut.
After, I started getting familiar with the place, I found out the stories, met the people, ate the pasta, and then came ice cream, milk, vodka lemon, peanuts and creme de la creme...the late morning. It was about spending wonderful time with the right friends around, in the right house with the right wine, singing the right songs, talking about astrology with the right people, watching the falling stars thinking of the right wishes. The right I luckily, never had the inspiration to plan it.

I saw the streets, narrow streets, tiny streets that feed the island with living persons like a precise installation made by a brilliant engineer. There were the people, having drinks in the piazzetta, happy faces wearing the perfect dresses. Moving forward I stepped on the street of feminine dreams. There, recent capped girls were holdin' with the left their lover's hand and with the right one, the Gucci bag.

Meantime, me and J, discovered that this magic place had great deserts, boats, photographers and polite sellers telling me, you must be a Brazilian girl. They gave me the friendly smile too, so I decided to agree..just for a minute.

So, if you ever reach such a place, all you have to do is walk it, swim it, sing it 'till morning, wear it, kiss it, sail it, laugh it as loud as you can and yes, swim it again..but don't you name it. As long as you find it hard to spell, it might be piece of the unforgettable.


P.S. This article is the first one in English, for those who see the lily every summer, or more often...just a mixture of words and memories, a way of saying a Romanian Grazie in English.

2 comentarii:

Anonim spunea...

grazie
sweet life
ti voglio bene

cosmina spunea...

:)